Code of Ethics
Professional Code of Ethics
Each INSPECTOR will perform his/her duties with the highest standard of integrity, professionalism and fidelity to the public and the client, with fairness and impartiality to all. Each Inspector shall accept the STANDARDS as his/her own and pledge to observe the spirit of the STANDARDS, in accordance with the following CODE OF ETHICS:
- In accepting employment as an INSPECTOR, each INSPECTOR shall protect and promote the interests of his/her client to the best of his/her ability and knowledge, recognizing that his/her client has placed his/her trust and confidence in the INSPECTOR.
- Each INSPECTOR shall endeavor always in the best interest of his/her client and his/her profession, to maintain and increase his/her level of knowledge regarding new developments in the field of inspection.
- Each inspector shall conduct his/her business in a manner which will assure his/her client of the INSPECTOR’S independence from outside influence and interest, which would compromise his/her ability to render a fair and impartial opinion, regarding any inspection performed.
- The INSPECTOR will not disclose any information concerning the results of the inspection without the approval of the client for whom the inspection was performed.
- The INSPECTOR will not accept compensation, financial or otherwise, from more than one interested party for the same service on the same property without the consent of all interested parties.
- The INSPECTOR will not accept or offer commissions or allowances, directly or indirectly, from other parties dealing with the client in connection with work for which the INSPECTOR is responsible.
- The INSPECTOR will promptly disclose to the client any interest in any other business which may effect the client, the quality, or the result of the inspection. The INSPECTOR will not knowingly use the inspection process to obtain work in another field.